South Africa Grants are closed
Africa Grants considered in 2015 and awarded for Academic year 2015-2016 are closed
Eligible applicants are women from developing countries currently enrolled at the University of Witwatersrand, University of Stellenbosch, University of Pretoria and University of Cape Town in South Africa. A candidate applying for the MMMF grant from South Africa universities must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Demonstrate a commitment to working to empower women and children in developing countries. (see detailed instructions on applications)
2. Demonstrate financial need
3. Intend to return to a developing country within two years of completing degree or intend to remain in developing country at least two years to work towards empowerment of women and children
4. Are 25 years old at time of application deadline (See detailed instructions on application)
5. Demonstrate satisfactory academic performance
6. Be a national of a country listed on the MMMF Country Eligibility List (see list on mmmf-grants.org website)
7. Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution at time of application and plan to be enrolled for a full academic year upon receipt of grant
8. Not be a relative of a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff or his/her spouse
9. Have not received a MMMF grant previously
10. Applicants applying from eligible countries other than South Africa, should be in possession of a study permit for South Africa
Before Starting the Application, Please Read the Guidelines Carefully!!!
Eligible students are those from developing countries studying in South Africa at the following Universities:
- University of Pretoria
- University of Cape Town
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Witwatersrand
To submit your application, you must have a valid email address and register to access the application form . If you already have a registered user account, please click here to start your application or access your saved application form.
Before you start the application process make sure you have the following documents in digital form:
(The scans must be in the following formats; pdf – preferred, jpeg or png)
- Passport ID page with a clear photo (not applicable for South Africans)
- Visa page in current passport (not applicable for South Africans)
- Second passport page with clear photo (in case of dual citizenship)
- Most recent proof of registration from your university
- Most recent university transcripts and/or reports
- Photo page of national ID document for South Africans applying
You also need:
- verified email addresses for the nominated referees (a reminder for their recommendation will be sent to referees, using this email address. You should of course personally discuss this request with your referees and direct them to the recommendation form before submitting their name on this application).
- summary of your thesis (if applicable), including its objective, methodology, findings and relationship to career goals. (Approx. 500 words)
- brief paragraphs of your personal story, commitment to women and children, course of study and future career plans (approx. 1050 words)
- an understanding of your financial situation for the coming academic year and strategies to cover your funding needs.
Click here to start your application.
If you are having problems completing or submitting your application form, please click here to submit request for help. It may take MMMF South Africa Program team up to 72 hours to respond to your request. You are allowed to save your application at any point before submitting by clicking the Save Draft button on each page of this form